INTA cordially invites you to attend its Pre–Annual Meeting Reception and Roundtable in Copenhagen
This Pre-Annual Meeting Reception is planned exclusively for you and your colleagues to learn more about INTA’s 2018 Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington, USA.
Feel free to bring a friend, co-worker, or prospective member to find out about INTA’s Annual Meeting in Seattle and to discover all the benefits INTA offers.
We hope to see you there!
Why you should attend:
• Exchange valuable learning experiences and success stories from past Annual Meetings.
• Network and meet new professionals with a common interest in trademark law.
• Mingle with friends and peers over hors d’oeuvres and cocktails.
Thursday, April 12, 2018
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
*Networking Reception to follow
Løje, Arnesen & Meedom, Øster Allé 42, 6th Floor, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Løje, Arnesen & Meedom
Use-based Trademark Rights in Denmark – Should They Stay or Should They Go?
The preparations for the revision of the Danish Trade Marks Act are well under way. One of the topics considered is the possible abolishment of Section 3, subsection 1 (2) providing for use-based trademark rights in Denmark:
(1) A trade mark right may be established either …
2) By commencement of use of a trade mark in this country for the goods or services for which the trade mark has commenced to be used and for which it is continuously used.
Many small and medium size Danish companies have, prudently or not, relied and do rely on this provision, but in most of our neighboring countries such use based rights are not provided for, nor does the EU Regulation provide for such rights. Based on presentations by the two speakers, this roundtable will discuss the pros and cons of the provision and the possible effects of abolishing it.
Mikael Francke Ravn, Danish Patent & Trademark Office
Thomas Riis, Professor, Centre for Information and Innovation Law, Copenhagen University
Free, Everyone is welcome.
To confirm your attendance, please RSVP to email@example.com by Friday, April 6.